- David Warner- Every Things That Cricket fan should know!
- Lloyd, Mario, Bull, Cannon, The Reverend, Pocket Size Dynamo
- Player's Wife
- Candice Warner (Ironwoman, Surf life saver, Model)
- Highest Bid
- 12.5 Cr
- Year 12 Higher School Certificate
- Current Price ( ₹ )
- 12.5 Cr
- Earlier retained
- Batting Style
- Bowling Style
- Right arm leg break
- IPL Debut
- 170 cm (5 ft 7 in)
- 65 kg
- Bat Brand
- Current Team
- Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Past Teams
- Delhi Capitals
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
- October 27, 1986
Do you want to know some cool things about David Warner? Well, you have come to the right place. Here you will get to know everything about David Warner from his cricket career to his personal life, his favourites, dating life and more! So, let’s start.
David Warner – as the name says, a warning to the bowler that there is danger ahead. The Australian batsman is one of the most aggressive players to have played the game of cricket. David warner was born on 27th October 1986 in Paddington, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- Let us first look at it from cricket perspective –
- Primary role : Batsman
- Bowling Style : Right-arm legbreak
- Batting Style : Left handed
- Nature on Field : Aggressive
- Major teams : Delhi Daredevils, Durham, Middlesex, New South Wales, Northern Districts, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Sydney Thunders, Winnipeg Hawks
- Bat brand used : Gray Nicolls Kaboom
David warner was born in a middle class christian family. Let us look at details regarding the family :
- Father’s name : Howard Warner
- Father’s Occupation : Worked in a heavy machinery shop
- Mother’s Name : Lorraine Warner
- Mother’s Occupation : Nurse
- Brother’s name : Steven Warner
- Zodiac Sign : Aries
- Nickname : Lloyd, Mario, Bull, Canon, The Reverend, Pocket Size Dynamo
David Warner went through a lot of struggle. When he got his first SS bat, he always had the fear that if he would break it by mistake, his parents would not be able to replace it. Such was the financial situation of the family.
When his pocket money became an issue, David warner had to work in nearby shops to earn some extra money. He often worked till 3 a.m. and then got up for school at 7. He also delivered newspapers on weekends.
David warner learned it the hard way that if you want something, you have to earn it. And surely, this man then earned it all.
Young warner had an anger problem. Yes, the cricketer was aggressive from his childhood, and that is why we sometimes witness a lot of aggression from him on the field.
However, he very well controlled it and today is a respectful player. (Source : david warner 10 interesting facts)
David Warner is one of the fittest cricketers in the world of cricket with amazing body balance while on the field. Here are some of his main body measurements-
- Height : 5 feet 7 inches
- Weight : 65 kg
- Biceps Size : 12 inches
- Chest Size : 38 inches
- Waist Size : 30 inches
- Eye Colour : Blue
- Hair Colour : Blonde
- Complexion : Fair
David warner wakes up at 5 a.m. for his early morning session which includes high level endurance training like hill sprint.
David Warner also does exercise like plyometrics, boxing, weight training along with sprinting in his training program. Plyometrics exercise helps in developing strength to increase speed and make muscles powerful.
Warner does weight training to develop strong triceps, forearms and shoulder muscles which are must for batsmen. Boxing helps Warner in body balancing, along with that it also increases power and stamina.
Warner eats food rich in protein and low in carbohydrates. He always avoids eating junk food and prefers to have organic unprocessed food.
David Warner is an inspiration of fitness for many. This is what makes him such a fabulous batsman.
David Warner had to leave his education after high school to focus on cricket which was his passion. These are his education details –
- School : Matraville Public School (Randwick, New South Wales)
- College : Hillsdale College (Hillsdale, Michigan)
- Educational Qualification : High School
The journey has been beautiful. We will take you through the highlights of David Warner’s incredible cricket journey –
- David Warner started his domestic career in April, 2006. He played for the New South Wales team.
- David Warner made his T20 debut on 11th January 2011 against South Africa.
- He made his ODI Debut on 18th january, 2011 against South Africa.
- He made his Test debut on 1st december, 2011 against New Zealand.
- In 2009, David Warner was bought by Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premiere League.
- Currently, David Warner plays for Sunrisers Hyderabad and his current price is a whopping 12.5 crores!
- His jersey number in IPL is 31.
- David Warner has played in all IPL seasons from 2009-19 playing a total of 126 matches scoring 4706 runs and taking 0 wickets.
- He has hit a total of 4 centuries and 44 half centuries in IPL.
David Warner has made a name for himself in the world of cricket and his earnings reflect that. Let us look at the figures –
- T20 fee : $8,000
- ODI fee : $10,000
- Test fee : $20,000
- IPL fee : Rs. 11 Crore or $2.21 Million
- Annual income : $23 Million
Warner’s other sources of income include his association with brands such as Asics, LG, and the Nine Network, as well as Cricket Australia sponsors CBA, VB, KFC, and Optus. He is also a shareholder in a liquor company, active in real estate and owns race horses as well.
Just like all of us, David Warner loves doing certain things and no doubt, has favourites. Let us find out what he likes!
- Favourite hobbies : Travelling, Golfing, Writing, Swimming
- Favourite Actors: N.A.
- Favourite Actresses : Jennifer Aniston
- Favourite Movie : Top Gun, I am Sam
- Favourite food : Chicken-thigh-sandwich
- Favourite shot : Pull shot
- Favourite Destination : N.A.
- Favourite Cricket Ground : Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
- Favourite Batsman : Virat Kohli, Ricky Ponting, Mathew Hayden
- Favourite Bowler : Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Favourite Song : ‘Burn for you’ by Robbie Balmer
This is the cover page of the book written by David Warner. To know more about his story, do read it. click here “big switch, the: the kaboom kid series book 1” to buy his book
David warner is currently living in a $2.3 million home in Maroubra. It is a 2 floor building with formal and informal spaces on both upper and lower floors.
It features 4 large bedrooms along with a master suite and a private terrace courtyard.
David Warner also owns luxurious cars such as Lamborghini Huracan which he bought for $450,000.
David Warner and his wife own multi million properties in Australia. Above are some of their investments. (Source : warner multi million dollars property)
This is David Warner’ s latest car – lamborghini Huracan.
David Warner is married to Australian iron woman Candice fazlon. Here are their marriage details-
- Marriage Date : April 4th, 2015
- Marriage Place : Terrara House Estate, Terrara, New South Wales
- No. of children : 3
- Children names : Ivy Mae(Daughter), Indi Rae(daughter) and Isla Rose(daughter)
This is the wedding picture of David Warner with his wife Candice Warner. They tied the knot in April. 2014.
This is the image of David Warner, his wife and their 3 daughters. According to David warner, he is now quite satisfied and does not want any more children.
(Source : warner’s children)
Well, well here are some controversies that paint a different picture of warner. Let us have a quick look at them –
- During 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, Warner had allegedly punched England Cricketer Joe root in a bar in birmingham. He was as a result, banned from playing the remaining games in the Champions Trophy along with the Ashes Test that followed.
- Well this is a funny one! It seems in 2013, Warner did not play for his club in Sydney’s Grade Cricket as he was away watching a horse race!
- When in 2016, Du Plesis was caught for ball tampering, Warner commented saying that he would be very disappointed if one of his australian team mates did that.
- In March 2018, during the third Test match against South Africa at Newlands in Cape Town, Cameron Bancroft was caught by television cameras trying to tamper the ball using sandpaper. David Warner and Steve Smith were also involved in the incident following which both of them were banned for a year. Even BCCI banned warner from playing in the IPL 2018. Warner who commented on Du plesis previously did this disgraceful act himself.
watch below video to know about the ball tampering scandal –
- Warner became the first player to score a triple century in day-night tests for Australia which he did against Pakistan and also became the highest run scorer of day night tests going past Azhar Ali’s record of 456 runs. Warner also broke Don Bradman’s 88-year-old record for the highest score at the Adelaide Oval.
- David Warner joined Glenn Maxwell and Shane Watson as the only Australians to have international hundreds in all 3 formats.
- In IPL 2016, Warner became the first batsman to have 7 consecutive 50 run knocks against 2 teams that is Royal Challengers and Banglore and Kings XI Punjab.
- David warner also became the second batsman in IPL to score 600+ runs in 3 seasons.
- Warner is the first Australian batsman to score 7 ODI centuries in a calendar year, and also the first batsman to ever score three centuries at The WACA.
watch Warner’s brilliant knock of 335 not out –
David Warner has also won some prestigious awards in his sensational career. Here is the list-
- Bradman Young Cricketer of the year – 2012
- Allan border metal – 2016. 2017
- Warner is the first Australian cricketer in 132 years to be selected for a national team in any format without experience in first-class cricket.
- In 2016, he was named Australian Sportsdad of the year.
- Warner is also a writer and has written the book – ‘The Kaboom Kid, the big switch!’
David Warner has a large fan following on all social platforms. If you want to follow him and get regular updates about him, check out the following links –
- Official Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/ davidwarner31
- Twitter handle : https://twitter.com/ davidwarner31/
- Instagram Handle: https://www.instagram.com/ davidwarner31
Due to security purposes, I can’t give you David Warner’s personal email id and mobile number. But you can find his social media profile links and his website link.